Saturday, July 25, 2009

Marcelo Moreira interviewed by Japanese and french fans !



Here is the Marcelo Moreira's interview conducted by Japanese and French fans in collaboration with Almah Japan and Almah France !


Almah France : Hi Marcelo ! Could you introduce yourself for the French and Japanese people please?

Marcelo Moreira : Hi Friends. I'm the Almah's dummer since 2008. It's a great pleasure to be in this band with these 4 "nuts" guys.


Almah France : When did you start to learn to play drums ?

Marcelo Moreira : I started when I was 9 years old. I devoted my entire life to it !!!


Almah France : You are a drummer but you play guitar very good too. Do you often play guitar ? Do you play another music instruement ?

Marcelo Moreira : I play guitar and bass, but I learned to play other music instruments to compose music only. I compose a little on computer piano lines. I think it's important for a drummer to learn piano or other strings instruments, because it helps to create musical ideas.


Almah France : What did you learn with Almah (in studio, on stage) ?

Marcelo Moreira : Many things. When you play with such experienced musicians everything becomes a learning process. I'm a profesionnal for many years but I always have the desire to learn more from the others.


Frogfingerz (France) : Have you got a particular training before starting to play drums ?

Marcelo Moreira : Stretch hands, arms and legs ! It's very important !


Frogfingerz (France) : When did you start to feel free on your instrument, with a good musical vocabulary ? (How many years after beginning practice?)

Marcelo Moreira : I don’t remember but I think that in 2004 after the first album from Burning in Hell. Was my first album with a good producer. I started to play in 1989.


Shred 666 (France) : What are your main influences and your favorit bands or musicians ? Your favorit drummer ?

Marcelo Moreira : My main influences have always been Iron Maiden, Helloween and Blind Guardian. These bands have my taste for melodic metal. Drummers from these 3 bands influenced me. Many others I have heard used to influenced me but these 3 was the basis.


Metallaw (France): Do you listen a lot of music ? What are listening besides metal ?

Marcelo Moreira : All sounds. I love music. I'm always looking for different things in other countries and cultures. So you always improve your musical vocabulary. I listen to Latin Music from Death Metal. But mostly, I listen to hard rock and metal.


Pimousse (France) : Hi Marcelo ! I’d like to know if you have hobbies besides music ?

Marcelo Moreira : Fishing, cycling, travel in different countries, drink beer and watch movies.


Pimousse (France) : About the Fragile Equality Tour : have you got some anecdotes to tell us?

Marcelo Moreira : Many. But I can't tell much (hehehe).


Pimousse (France) : Do you compose music ? If yes, what music instrument do you use to compose ?

Marcelo Moreira : I compose a lot, mainly for my other band called Burning In hell. With Almah, I'm usually involved in the creation of the arrangements for Edu who always has great music. I prefer to compose on acoustic guitar, guitar and keyboards.


Symphony (France) : Hi Marcelo ! Could you tell us about your drums material ? What do you use exatly ?

Marcelo Moreira : I'm endorsed by Brazilian equipment. RMV drums, Orion symbals and Alba drumsticks signature. My drum is quite large with 6 toms, 4 floor toms, 3 snare, 2 double bass and many cymbals. But in shows jut using a smaller set-up it's a little easier.


Symphony (France) : Do you think it’s a great help to be Brazilian to play drums ?

Marcelo Moreira : Maybe, because our culture is based on rhythms. Many Latin and African rythms, which give us different way to learn. But you can be a great drummer all over the world.


Primitivechaos (France) : Have you got the time to play drums each day ?

Marcelo Moreira : I'd like, but I can't. I have many things to do. Currently listening to different kind of musics is always my priority outside drums.


A great thanks to Marcelo Moreira to have spent a moment to answer our questions;)


For more news about Marcelo Moreira :