Thursday, October 16, 2008

Edu Falaschi : interview for the Greek metal site "Metal Temple"



Edu gave an interview for the Greek Metal site "Metal Temple", published today :

Dimitris :Hi Edu, how are you?

Edu Falaschi : Hi Dimitris. I have got the flu so my voice is a little bit strange. I hope that you will manage to understand me.

Dimitris : That’s bad but I think I can understand you just fine. So, I will try to be quick and leave you to rest. How the idea about ALMAH was born?

Edu Falaschi : Actually, it was in 2006 when I decided to release a solo album so ALMAH was born as a side project. You know, I was getting really tired with all the problems we had in ANGRA and especially with the manager. I needed something to do something new and do a solo album. So, I invited some friends Emppu (Vuorinen from NIGHT WISH), Lauri (Porra from STRATOVARIUS) and Casey (Grillo from KAMELOT) to record this album and this went fantastic. But this was a project work. In July of 2007, ANGRA needed to stop because the problems became too serious. But I did not want to stop and just play video games (laughs). Music is my life so I need to record albums and play live. So, I was talking to Felipe (Andreoli bass in ANGRA) and we decided to do something with ALMAH but now as a full time band.

Dimitris : How did you form the lineup?

Edu Falaschi :Well, we wanted musicians from Brazil because we needed to find time to rehearse and compose the new album. So, we found three very good musicians and made the lineup of ALMAH. Actually the two guitar players are the best in Brazil apart from Kiko and Rafael of course.

Dimitris : What are the differences between the first and the second ALMAH album?

Edu Falaschi : Well, the first one was completely composed by me. Of course, I gave space to the others guys but it was mainly my work. This one is the product of team work. I needed this time guitarists to add their own ideas because after all I am not that good guitar player myself (laughs). So, I recorded the vocal melodies and let the guitarist do their own stuff.

Dimitris : What are the lyrics about? I had read that "Fragile Equality" is actually based on a book.

Edu Falaschi : Yeah the lyrics are based on this book. It is a fiction story that talks about the balance in life. The balance we need to find to keep living and eventually be happy. For example, we need a balance in relationships to keep this going, in a band to keep everyone happy and make it work. The album is like a soundtrack to this book that is made in manga style that is really famous here in Brazil. Inside the book there will be a CD that will contain just the music of the album without the lyrics so you can really use it as a soundtrack or even as karaoke to sing along.

Dimitris :Will the book and the CD be released together or are you planning to make a special edition out of it?

Edu Falaschi :First, the CD will be released and this has already been done in Brazil and Japan. In October, the CD will get to the rest of the world and the book will be released only in Brazil in December. Next year the book will come to Europe and Japan translated in English. After all these maybe there will be a special edition that will have the CD and the book as you said.

To read the all interview go on Metal Temple.

You can also read the Fragile Equality review on this site : review