Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Almah : RIP Dio



Here are some messages from the Almah's members regarding the death of Ronnie James Dio.

Edu Falaschi : “Last Sunday night, May 16th, I was returning from Manaus after having an unforgettable weekend with my band Angra when received one of the saddest notices in my life: Ronnie Dio has left us.

The world has lost the Best Heavy Metal singer of all time but, above all of that, we lost one of the most brilliant souls that already existed! An artist who loved his fans and did what really liked: to sing Heavy Metal!

Dio was my great master, a person who inspired me as an artist and a human being! My only idol has gone! It will be very hard to get over this sad feeling in my heart!

I would like to send my deepest condolences to Dio’s family. That God be with them!

Anyway, his art, music and especially his unique voice will always be in our hearts!

Dio, we will love you forever! Thank you for having been with us! May 16th the saddest day of Rock and Heavy Metal!”

Marcelo Barbosa : "This is a very sad feeling of finiteness that comes with a death of some person. In case of persons well-known worldwide this feeling is even more intense, because it’s like you lose someone very dear. Happily, in case of Dio, his marvelous life-work turned him immortal. It’s enough to hear any of his classic works of any of his bands to be convinced that his legacy will live on, whether he is physically present or not. Rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio."

For more news : Almah Official Myspace