Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Marcelo Barbosa has concluded "Guitarosofia" series



From Marcelo Barbosa Official English Blog :

Marcelo Barbosa has recently concluded the series of 15 free video lessons on Youtube GUITAROSOFIA published during 2009-2010. The material consists of short professional videos in Portuguese where Marcelo explains different aspects of playing the guitar, musical theory, composition and improvisation. The very first video was launched in August 2009 and now you can check out the complete series on the official Youtube channel of the guitarist here. “Guitarosofia” is produced by GTR Guitar Institute with the support of Tagima, Elixir, Orange, NIG, IBOX and Santo Angelo. In 2011 Marcelo Barbosa is to release expanded material of “Guitarosofia” on DVD.

Marcelo Barbosa: “Publishing with great satisfaction the last, 15th video lesson, I accomplished my main idea to spread some knowledge as a free material in the Internet. I mean, not simply “any” material, but something with a very good production, content and personality. I’ve done it in order to give some strength to musicians of initial, intermediate or professional level and mainly to those who don’t have conditions to pay for private lessons. And up to the moment when I’ve started to write these words, we’ve got almost thirty thousand views of these videos on the channel. On the whole there are more than 2,5 hours of the recorded and edited free of charge material available. I don’t have any idea how many hours of work has it taken in order to get to the final result. The material published in Youtube is gratis and will always be. At the same time, I get many requests to post tabs and stuff like that. That is why I decided to fulfill my initial idea to launch “Guitarosofia” also in a special package with all the lessons in high quality on DVD and with tabs of all the examples I played there. The material is to be released very soon. I don’t know yet, if and when I continue the project, may be I’ll do it in the future, but definitely it won’t happen in 2011 because at the moment I have other goals. If you like “Guitarosofia”, please, make your comments, add to your favorites, embed the stuff to your pages, recommend to your friends helping us to spread this material, to keep the whole idea alive and to stimulate the interest to the study of this great instrument that we love so much!”

For more news : Marcelo Barbosa Official English Blog