Thursday, August 27, 2009

Felipe Andreoli interviewed by Japanese fans



Here is the interview of Felipe Andreoli made by Japanese fans incollaboration with Almah France and Almah Japan !

"Wolf : I hear that all ALMAH members can speak English. I wonder what the original motive was for learning. I didn't like English at school and gave up. After becoming interested in foreign music.I really regret my lack of ability. What do you think of the secret of learning a foreign language is?

Felipe : I started learning English in school. I studied at an Irish school in Rio De Janeiro called St. Patrick's, and they had a really good English program for kids. Later on, with my growing nterest for Rock and Metal, I practiced the lyrics and tried to find out the meaning of the words I didn't
know. I do a lot of reading in English, too, and I always try to watch movies in their original language. I enjoy it, and I think this is the biggest secret when learning a foreign language - you have to like it!*


Mack : I attended a guitar and bass workshop you gave in Japan. I was surprised and impressed at your great playing ability. I think you could release a solo album like Billy Sheehan,
Do you have any plan to do so?

Felipe : Thanks for your kind words! I have been planning a solo record for quite a while, but I'm involved in so many projects that it's been hard to find the time. I know I must dedicate myself entirely to a project such as this, so whenever I have the time, I'll do it, for sure.


Mack: Could you tell me which Five bassist you think are the best in the world? And Which of their album do you recommend?

Felipe : I can recommend these, but there are many, many others you should know:

*Victor Wooten: A Show Of Hands (solo)

*Michael Manring: Thonk (solo)

*Jaco Pastorius: Jaco (solo), Heavy Weather (Weather Report)

*Richard Bona: Munia - The Tale (solo), These Times (Mike Stern)

*Alain Caron: Play (solo)


Mack :Do you have any special music that you listen to before a concert to get you in the mood?

Felipe : Usually I listen to my iPod in shuffle mode while I'm in the shower before the concert. Whatever comes serves as an inspiration!


Mack : Outside the field of music , do you have any special skill or hobbies?

Felipe : My latest favorite activity is to photograph. I just bought a very nice Japanese camera! Besides that I like tennis and racing karts.


Mack : Whose idea was it that fans should design the cover of the next ALMAH single "All I Am". Why did you have such an idea?

Felipe : This idea came from our Brazilian fan club. I think it's very nice to discover new talents and give them a chance to show their works. We have many great artist waiting for a chance to promote their creations.


Mack : Which artists would you like to work together with the future?

Felipe : I'd like to have the chance to work with all the musicians I admire, specially drummers Mike Mangini, Virgil Donati and Simon Phillips, guitarists Allan Holdsworth, Scott Henderson, Greg Howe and Brett Garsed, keyboardists Jordan Rudess and Keith Emerson, and singers Russell Allen, Mats Leven and Jorn Lande.


Mack : Did all five members contribute to the arrangement of the second album?

Felipe : Yes, we all contributed to the arrangements and compositions, and the final result you hear is the sum of all five minds working together!


Chika : I'm interested in your life style. What kind of foods do you usually eat? What kind of foods you recommend? What kind of food do you never eat?.

Felipe : What I eat and recommend: Italian food (specially Penne with Pestosauce), Japanese food (love Sushi!), Arabian food (grape leaves rolls and Humus) and Tex-Mex. I never eat raw squid!!!"


Thanks to Almah Japan for the interview !