Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Edu Falaschi : interview Rio Metal Blog



Edu Falaschi recently gave an interview (October 2010) for Rio Metal Blog (in Portuguese), where he tells about his entire career as a singer and a producer, about various aspects of his work in Angra and Almah, and pre-Angra career. Edu also speaks about the metal scene in Brazil and other interesting subjects.

Here is the English translation of the interview made by Irina Ivanova from Edu Falaschi Official Website ! Thanks a lot Irina :)

Rio Metal Blog : Edu, when and how did you start to get involved in the music ?

Edu Falaschi : Since I was born, because my father was a musician, not a professional one. But by the time I was 17, I got my first experience of playing in a band.


Rio Metal Blog : How did you get to Rock/Heavy Metal and what are your biggest influences?

Edu Falaschi : It happened due to my cousins who were Iron Maiden fans. By the time I was 12, I bought my first metal albums. My main influence as a singer is Dio.


Rio Metal Blog : Edu, as far as I know, your first band was Mitrium in 1990. What do you remember about that time? What are the most significant differences between the underground scene of that period of time and the modern reality?

Edu Falaschi : Everything was too magic, all of us were real dreamers, everything was more difficult without the Internet, but even in those conditions just a year after we started, Mitrium recorded its first LP. The fact is that it was almost impossible for a metal band of that time. Besides having a lot of fun, we also worked hard.

Read the complete interview on Edu Falaschi French Official Blog

For more news : Almah Official Myspace